Learn how to make homemade whipped body butter for Valentine’s Day with just a few simple ingredients. Be sure to grab this FREE Project Planner Checklist for your next DIY project. Don’t have time to read now? Pin it here for later!
This is a Valentine’s day special for you mamas who want to whip up something quick to keep your skin feeling soft and looking fresh. I love this recipe because it requires simple ingredients and it is very easy to make. Not only is it easy to make, but it turns out to be looking so delicious that you’ll want to end up eating it! I know my daughter wanted to get a quick taste!
A simple recipe like this is great for you if you have dry skin. Although, it is not for you if you don’t like greasy lotions. But the body butter absorbs quickly into your skin. And you can’t use this recipe if you have a nut allergy.
What is so great about homemade whipped body butter?
Well, it has many added benefits for your skin. What’s there not to love? It’s rich in vitamins, great for sensitive skin, helps fight acne, stretch marks, and rough dry skin. Plus, the lavender essential oil is amazing for skin rashes, redness, and calming relaxation for aromatherapy. I always use lavender as my go-to choice of essential oil.
Here are some things you should always know before making your own recipe.
Always be sure to do your research when purchasing essential oils. Some may contain chemicals which will be toxic for your skin. You also have to make sure that you dilute your oils before you apply directly to the skin. There are many carrier oils that you can use to dilute. For this recipe, jojoba oil and coconut oil are great for use as a carrier oil. I used a 5% dilution for a stronger scent to the body butter. Plus, the lavender essential oil can be applied directly to the skin without irritation. For some other oils, or if you have sensitive skin, you may want to use a 1 to 2% dilution for EO.
Why you need to make this recipe.
Aside from the skin benefits, its fun to make! And you’ll be proud of yourself for making your own homemade whipped body butter without having to spend a fortune on expensive creams. Sometimes, the best products are the homemade recipes because you know what you’re putting on your body.
And you don’t have to worry about what type of ingredients are used in items that you buy from the store. I mostly bought my items through Amazon, but I also like the products that are sold on this site. I haven’t tried them yet, but I’ll definitely have to get my next order through Mountain Rose Herbs.
It’s also a nice little hobby to have when you want a little break from the rest of the world.
I think it’s good to break up your routine, especially if you’ve got the winter blues this time of the year. Another reason you need to make this recipe is that it makes a great gift to give to someone for Valentine’s Day. So, if your thinking of hosting a Galentine’s day party, then think of using this recipe to give to some of your other mom friends as a little self-care V-day gift.
Making this homemade body whipped butter also has benefits to your mental health. As a stay at home mom, it can be hard to deal with post-partum depression and anxiety. But the best ways that I have dealt with that is by keeping my mind completely occupied with fun things to do.
It encourages me to keep the negative thoughts out of my head and making your own self-care products seems to be therapeutic in a way. So, if you struggle with this as I do, then this is the hobby that you’ll want to have at your fingertips.
Supplies you’ll need for homemade whipped body butter:
This makes about 3 or 4 small (3 oz.) mason jars. And 3 to 5% dilution of essential oil. Make sure to grab my FREE Project Planner Checklist from the Freebies Library today!
- You’ll need a hand mixer. Although I used a spoon to mix it up, a hand mixer is a bit more essential for this recipe.
- Shea Butter – https://amzn.to/2WJ1stj
- Coconut Oil – https://amzn.to/2t8Vp3z
- Jojoba Oil – https://amzn.to/2t8TNXz
- Essential oil of your choice – I used lavender oil
- Soap Dye – https://amzn.to/2MTYLQV
- Mixing bowl
- Saucepan or double boiler
Valentine’s Day Homemade Whipped Body Butter
- 1 cup Coconut Oil
- 1 cup Shea Butter
- 30 ml Jojoba Oil
- 18 to 30 drops Lavender essential oil
- 1 sprinkle Soap Dye Mix in for desired color
- Grab a saucepan or a double boiler and place it on low heat. Pour jojoba oil into the saucepan, then mix in the coconut oil and stir until melted.
- Cut the shea butter up into small chunks and add the small chunks into the pan. Stir until melted. Then pour ingredients into a bowl.
- Place the bowl into the freezer to let it cool down. Then take the bowl out of the freezer to mix and stir in the drops of essential oil.
- Place the bowl back into the freezer for about an hour or until the ingredients turn just solid enough to mix and stir up.
- Once ingredients become solid, use a spoon or a hand mixer to whip and stir up the ingredients. Keep stirring up the ingredients until its whipped and whiter in color.
- Place 3 to 4 oz. of whipped butter onto 3 or 4 different plates. Add a sprinkle of soap dye and mix until you have achieved the desired color.
- Add the whipped butter into 3 oz. mason jars. And keep in a cool place or refrigerator if you have a warmer house.
Self-care for moms: Valentine’s Day Gift Guide 2019
How to Make Soy Candles with Lavender Oils and Dried Flower
Why You Should Use a Coconut Rose Salt Scrub in Your Self Care Routine
Be sure to download the FREE project planner checklist in the freebies library when you sign up for my weekly newsletters today!